This is a video of the first of 4 visits to National Fuel Gas headquarters in Williamsville NY. Members of the National Fuel Accountability Coalition will visit National Fuel Gas headquarters each week of July 2012. Community members have been seeking a meeting National Fuel Gas CEO David F. Smith. In this video community members share very powerful stories of living in un-weatherized housing and paying very high gas bills in the Buffalo NY area.
National Fuel CEO David F. Smith made $7.1 million last year, roughly $3,550 per hour.
Meanwhile, low-income Western New Yorkers must choose between heating their homes and putting food on the table. This needs to change.
The National Fuel Accountability Coalition has come together to build a community partnership with National Fuel. The coalition aims to fight for justice for low income and working people who are forced to make tough choices because of unaffordable gas bills that result from houses without basic insulation. National Fuel benefits off this crisis and we strive to make them a part of the solution through a community partnership.Read more »
- PUSH Buffalo
- Citizens Campaign for the Environment
- Outsource Center
- Prisoners Are People Too
- Hispanics United of Buffalo
- Coalition for Economic Justice
- The Belle Center
- 100 Mighty Men Ministries
- Erie County Prisoners’ Rights Coalition
- The Millions More Movement – Buffalo Local Action Committee (BLAC)
- Citizen Action of New York – Western New York Chapter
- B.U.I.LD Organization
- Youth Planning Council (YPC)
- S.E.I.U 1199
- Western NY Drilling Defense
- Protecting Our Water Rights (POWR)
Please contact email@example.com for more information about the Coalition.